Chaired by Sadguru Sri Madhusudan Sai and attended by distinguished Government officials from Chikkaballapur District Administration like Mrs R Latha (IAS - Deputy Commissioner and District Magistrate), Mr P Shivashankar (Chief Executive Officer), Mr G K Mithun Kumar (IPS - Superintendent of Police), Dr N Nomesh Kumar (Deputy Secretary), Mrs Shailaja (Mid-Day Meal Co-ordinator), along with the Chancellor of Sri Sathya Sai University for Human Excellence - Mr B N Narasimha Murthy.
During the COVID 19 times, Prashanthi Balamandira Trust (PBMT) in conjunction with its allied Trusts under the leadership of Sadguru Sri Madhusudan Sai has been working consistently to improve access to education; especially for those girls and boys from families who cannot afford any paid mode of online education; by offering free quality online video lessons from Grade 6 till 12 for all children; with no exclusivity to students from the Campuses under the ambit of the Sri Sathya Sai Loka Seva Gurukulam Group of Institutions; but open to all students from around the world. So far, about 1,600 lessons have been recorded with the help of 120 instructors since the month of May 2020.
Free education or scholarships for children rendered parentless due to COVID is another activity that has been undertaken by Prashanthi Balamandira Trust. These children will now have the opportunity to enroll and study at Sri Sathya Sai Loka Seva Gurukulam Group of Institutions. Free educational scholarships will be given to the impacted children below Grade 6.
Sri Sathya Sai Sarla Memorial Hospital which is currently a multi-speciality hospital is soon to become an absolutely free of cost COVID Care facility, with 125 HDU oxygenated beds and 25 ICU beds, with medical gas piping as per HTM standards. This facility will also include four operation theatres.
PBMT in collaboration with Sri Sathya Sai Annapoorna Trust that carries out the Annapoorna Morning Nutrition Programme, performed the below COVID relief activities:
1) Free nutrition kits consisting of dry fruits, biscuits, ORS tetra paks, fruits, fruit juices and nutrition supplements have been provided to 2,000 COVID patients admitted at the District and Taluk level Government hospitals across Chikkaballapur, Mandya, Kalaburagi, and Tumkur districts of Karnataka, Siddipet district of Telangana, and Vishakhapatnam district of Andhra Pradesh.
2) Free meals including lunch and dinner have been provided to 3,500 hospital staff attending to COVID patients at over 40 hospitals across Bengaluru.
3) Free supply of one-month dry ration to 500 ASHA workers who have been working in the rural frontline to carry out preventive and protective measures of COVID control in the Tumkur district of Karnataka.
4) Free COVID prevention kits are being distributed to about 1,000,000 (one million) needy children who are pre-schoolers, primary and higher primary schoolers across India. The kit will consist of one or more of the following: SaiSure nutritional health mix, immuno-boosters like vitamins/zinc, masks, and sanitisers.
Over 200,000 young needy pre-schoolers, primary and higher primary school children across Chikkaballapur district of Karnataka are being given the SaiSure multi-nutrient supplement to boost nutrition and immunity against potential onset of COVID infections.
5) 4,000 boxes of SaiSure for Pre-schoolers have been handed over to district officials of Chikkaballapur district in Karnataka to nourish the malnourished children of Chikkaballapur district.
6) Free supply of monthly rations to about 15,000 cooks who were serving at government schools across Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Telangana and others States, but have been currently economically impacted due to closure of the schools. These schools are the centres where Annapoorna has already been serving everyday breakfast to its children.
7) In collaboration with Dani Rasa Foundation, dry ration, lunch and dinner are distributed to needy people in the State of Tamil Nadu.